Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Book Review: Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

I read this book because it was recommended by my mother.  She had read it while on a beach vacation and said it was a quick, easy read.  I completely agree.  This fiction novel is about letting down your guard, trusting your instincts, and learning to love again.  Don’t get me wrong, though, it isn’t all rainbows and roses.  It also has themes of death, abuse and betrayal.  The author was able to assume the perspective of three separate characters and maintain a good flow throughout the book.  It had a fairly predictable, but interesting storyline that I enjoyed.  However, I did think it got a bit corny at the very end.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a light read – something you can put down and come back to without getting lost.  Rating: B

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, this is a great book for light reading, like on a beach or on a plane. I, as an author, find those books good because they don't bore you and keep you entertained. The only bad part is that I read them in one sitting. Also, the fact that Nicholas Sparks juggled three characters in parallel is perfection, since most of authors have a problem with one main character.

    ReplyDelete