Sunday, February 20, 2011

101 in 1001: Italian Night – Task Complete

Italian night allowed for many completed tasks.  I purchased the tablecloth ($6 at Boscovs), borrowed a bread basket, and was even able to obtain a parmesan cheese shaker!  For the meal I made baked ziti with meatballs - although, I can’t take all the credit, because I had generous help from my mother.  My friend Beth made an incredible antipasto with homemade dressing.  It was delizioso!  And my friend Kate made an angel food cake which was a sweet ending to the meal (pun intended)!  We also had Italian wine and beer. 

 20110205-IMG_3395 (Medium) 20110205-IMG_3392 (Medium)

In addition to the ziti with meatballs, I made some breadsticks which was another 101 in 1001 task to complete. I used my bread machine to make the dough, so it was simple to do.  Plus, they only required 5 or 6 ingredients and about 15 minutes in the oven.  The picture below shows them still in dough form rising.

20110205-IMG_3393 (Medium)

After the meal, Allie also got to spend time with a couple of her boyfriends, Patrick and Jonah.  It was a great night with great friends!  Maybe Mexican night is next????

No comments:

Post a Comment