Wednesday, January 4, 2012

101 in 1001: Staycation at the Desmond–Task Complete

For our 4 year anniversary I took the initiative to book an executive suite at the Desmond in Colonie.  We stayed at the Desmond on our wedding night, so I thought it would be the perfect place to spend an anniversary.  We dropped Allie off with her grandparents and then checked into our room.  It was amazing!  It had two rooms, two bathrooms, two televisions, a minibar, a king-sized canopy bed, and my favorite feature – peace & quiet!  Maybe a bit much, but what can I say… it was a special occasion!  I definitely considered ordering room service and lounging in our room the rest of the night, but we headed out to Delmonico’s for dinner.  We each had a great meal and then ordered 2 cannolis (our favorite!) to go.  Because I was pregnant, we stopped at the grocery store for some sparkling grape juice and headed back to the room.  Then we hopped in our huge, comfortable bed to watch Bridesmaids and enjoy our cannolis with sparkling grape juice.  We were both asleep by 10:30 and didn’t get up until 8 the next day!  What a treat!  To top off our staycation we went to the cinemas to watch an afternoon movie.  We saw Moneyball and while Kevin loved it, I thought it was just ok.  I guess you have to be more of a baseball fan.  By the time the movie finished, we were both relaxed and re-energized and ready to see our crazy lil toddler again!  I think our staycation might have to happen for every anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment