Monday, March 14, 2011

Restaurant Review: Dinosaur BBQ – Troy, NY

I’m a bit late on this review, but on Kevin’s birthday we went out for dinner at Dinosaur BBQ in Troy, NY.  We had tried to dine there before, but the wait was always too long.  Fortunately, Kevin’s birthday fell on a Wednesday, but even so, we got the last table at 5pm.  I’ve heard the wait on the weekends can get up to 3 hours.  CRAZY!  I definitely don’t think the food is good enough to wait 3 hours for and I think it’s a bit over-priced.  I got the half chicken and it was good.  Just good.  I also got mashed sweet potatoes, coleslaw, and cornbread.  The cornbread, I thought, was terrible!  I don’t even know why I ate it.  I saved until last like it was going to be the best part.  Little did I know, that the coleslaw would be the best part of my meal and I don’t even really like coleslaw.  The atmosphere is nice and it has a really nice bar, but it does get pretty noisy.  In my opinion, Giffy’s has the best BBQ in town.  This summer, when I’m craving good BBQ (and good cornbread), you can find me at Giffy’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment